Health & Welfare Information
2012 Incentives at-a-Glance
In 2012, participants in an active HealthFlex plan will have more opportunities to earn HealthFlex incentive rewards than ever before. 2012 brings a balance of old and new: continuation of select wellness incentives from 2011 and some completely new incentives. Together, this adds up to more support for a healthier you and more opportunities to earn rewards – up to $400 HealthCash! Click on the documents below to learn how you make the most of YOUR health plan!
HealthFlex: A Comprehensive Approach to Healthy Living
HealthFlex is the managed care health program sponsored by the New Mexico Conference for its clergy, lay employees and their dependents. But it's more than a health plan. It's a comprehensive approach to a healthier lifestyle—with features that support disease prevention, physical vitality and emotional well-being.
The HealthFlex focus on prevention helps clergy, lay employees and their families prevent disease and improve their overall wellness. In addition to providing coverage for medical care, behavioral health, prescription medications and vision care, HealthFlex provides benefits that can help you overcome daily challenges, including:
• stress management services,
• financial and legal consultation,
• a physical activity program that delivers financial rewards,
• elder care services,
• health screenings,
• coaching services that address chronic conditions, and
• health information tools and resources.
Click the link for a copy of ‘HealthFlex Wellness At-a-Glance: A Foundation for Healthy Living’
HEALTHFLEX PLAN MONTHLY RATES FOR 2012 & 2013
2013 HEALTHFLEX PLANS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - for medical and hospital services
Ceridian -- for administration of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
for medical and dependent care reimbursements, and for
Health Reimbursement Accounts
FSA Info 2013 FSA Information
Debit Card Information for
FSAs and HRAs 2013 Debit Cards FAQ
Direct Deposit Information Ceridian Direct Deposit
Claim Form Ceridian MRA Claim Form
Vision Service Provider (VSP)-- for eye care benefits
Access all your HealthFlex benefits and plan information through WedMD at:
Virgin HealthMiles Walking Program - The Conference-sponsored walking program can help increase your activity-- and you'll earn rewards for enhancing your fitness and overall wellness. Strap on your pedometer and aim for at least 7,000 steps per day Step up your commitment to health! Click here to learn more and to enroll in the program.
Life Insurance, Disability Protection, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Death and Disability Protection – Active Clergy
- Comprehensive Protection Plan (CPP) - Provides disability, death and other supplemental benefits to participating clergy and their families. This is a mandatory plan for all clergy serving in a fulltime appointment. The 2013 Schedule of Benefits reflects changes to retiree death benefits as approved at General Conference 2012.
- UMLifeOptions Clergy Supplemental Life Insurance - Provides supplemental life insurance plans for eligible clergy. Clergy eligible for and enrolled in the CPP (see above) are automatically enrolled in the Clergy Supplemental Life Insurance plan upon appointment. The benefits include $50,000 life insurance and $50,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment for the active clergy participant, and $5,000 life insurance for the spouse of the active clergy participant. The benefits in this plan are in addition to the life insurance provided to the active clergy through the CPP.
- UMLifeOptions Optional Life Insurance Plan – Provides an opportunity for eligible active clergy to purchase additional life insurance for themselves, their spouse and eligible children. This is in addition to the life insurance provided by the conference through the CPP and the Clergy Supplemental Life Insurance Plan.
- Death and Disability Protection – Lay Employees
- UMLifeOptions Provides long-term disability and life insurance plans to eligible lay employees. This plan is available for lay employees through the General Board of Pension & Health Benefits. Local churches may elect to adopt this plan to provide a life insurance benefit, disability income protection, or both, for their lay employees. Local churches can contact Terry Shoemaker in the New Mexico Conference Office if they are interested in sponsoring this plan.
For other information on retiree benefits, life insurance, health insurance, benefits for lay employees and death and disability for lay employees contact the Conference Benefits Officer for additional information,