Missions / Missionaries
COVENANT CHURCHES are individual churches in the New Mexico Annual Conference supporting specific missionaries. Any church, no matter how big or small can participate in this ministry. A church pledges to support a United Methodist missionary with $5 per member per year contribution or $2,500 per church. This covenant must be renewed annually.
Missionaries assigned/related to a covenant relationship with New Mexico Annual Conference Churches are:
- Mark & Dianne Abbott, Madrid, Spain : http://mnarkabbott007.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/abbott-news-briefs-december-2012.pdf (ADVANCE #s 10069Z and 10070Z)
- Dr. Catherine Mudime Akale, Sub-Saharan, Afrida (#13951Z)
- Alex & Brenda Awad, Palestine (#s 10825Z and 10826Z)
- Becky Harrell, Costa Rica (Advance Scholarships #10247B for
the Universidad Biblica Latina or Missionary Advance #15141Z )
UBL Newsletter March 2013 Faces 2 2012
- Kathy Burton-Lewis, Tokyo, Japan (#04611Z)
- Beth Jo Ann Ferrell, Sierra Leone (#10713Z)
- Dennis & Carolyn Heffner, McCurdy School, NM
(#s 581327 and 581325)
- William & Jerri Savuto, Kenya (#s 08798Z and 08799Z)
- Martin & Tracy Reeves - Peru 2013 April Reeves Newsletter
- Skip Hodges - Bolivia
- Rodney Aist - Italy GBGM
It is recommended that churches select one of these missionaries to be in covenant relationship with to ensure that the church can be visited during a missionary's itineration.
The Advance is an accountable, designated giving arm of The United Methodist Church that ensures 100% of each gift reaches its intended mission or ministry. YOU DECIDE which program or ministry to support through The Advance. It is part of the General Board of Global Ministries, The United Methodist Church.
To receive the Advancing Hope Newsletter, contact or go to http://advancinghope.org.
How to Give
Thank you for giving generously through The Advance. Your gifts truly make a difference!
The Advance is an accountable, designated giving arm of The United Methodist Church that ensures 100% of each gift reaches its intended mission or ministry. You decide which program or ministry to support through The Advance. The Advance is part of the General Board of Global Ministries, The United Methodist Church.
© 2010 The Advance, 475 Riverside Drive, Room 350, New York, NY 10115 http://www.advancinghope.org