The General Board of Pension & Health Benefits Center for Health Resources: Click here.
The next Healthflex Benefits Election Time will be in November.
Learn about your options: Recorded Webinar2017 Benefits Plan Comparison Table
If you have any questions, please contact Dru Ann at 505-255-8786, ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HealthFlex offers health plan benefits and wellness programs to more than 8,000 clergy and lay participants, as well as their family members. Beyond providing “just” health insurance coverage, HealthFlex is an integrated, wellness-driven health program that supports healthier lifestyles.
- Well-established—29 plan sponsors [26 United Methodist Church (UMC) annual conferences, one general agency and two other employer groups]
- Stable—with pooling of high-cost claims and comprehensive wellness programming, HealthFlex consistently offers lower-than-average rate increases and provides a unique opportunity for UMC organizations to take advantage of benefits traditionally experienced only by jumbo employers.
- Flexible—Plan sponsors select among health plan designs annually.
- Wellness-focused—Comprehensive wellness programs and incentives encourage plan participants to know their health risks and take action to manage or improve them. The HealthFlex wellness programs have been recognized with the Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles award from the National Business Group on Health.
To go to the HealthFlex site, including the personal account login page: Click here.
Quest Diagnostics’ Blueprint for Wellness® biometric screening is an important first step to Center for Health wellness efforts. Blueprint for Wellness measures over 25 key health indicators, including blood glucose, cholesterol, hemoglobin A1c and much more. Test results provide valuable information for individuals to share with their doctors regarding several common health risks, such as: heart disease, diabetes, thyroid function and more. Testing involves one blood draw and a few measurements (height, weight, blood pressure and waist circumference). Results are more comprehensive than what many doctors’ offices order. Economies of scale allow the Center for Health to offer this screening at an extremely competitive price to plan sponsors and at no out-of-pocket cost to individuals.
Screening registration for HealthFlex participants (April – July screenings):
- Phone: 1-855-623-9355
- Online (HealthFlex/WebMD). Log in and click on “Quest Diagnostics Blueprint for Wellness” under “HealthFlex Vendor” Links
AFLAC – NMAC has an agreement on behalf of all member churches with AFLAC offering participation in AFLAC’s supplemental insurance to all clergy, lay employees and their immediate family. This is offered from the Conference and not the local church. Each individual church does not need to have their own plan in place because of this agreement. The agreement provides the necessary documentation for Section 125 of the IRS code allowing for a pre-tax payroll deduction. All clergy and lay employees (working 19 hours a week or more) within the Conference are offered the opportunity to participate. These are voluntary benefits; participation in AFLAC is done through payroll deductions at the local church and each church is asked to remit those deductions to the Conference Office. A new employee has 30 days to enroll if they choose. Contact Dru Ann Kuntz, Conference Benefits Officer for more information.
For other information on retiree benefits, life insurance, health insurance, benefits for lay employees and death and disability for lay employees contact the Conference Benefits Officer, Dru Ann Kuntz, for additional information, email@example.com.