- To encourage churches to become missional churches
- To encourage people to be engaged in life-changing mission events
- To strengthen the mission projects within the New Mexico Annual Conference.
Conference Mission Contact Persons:
Chair, Rev. Bonnie Hardesty, firstname.lastname@example.org 505-271-0486
Secretary for Global Mission, Rev. Harry Riser, email@example.com , 575-749-0416
Conference Global Mission Areas
Conference Board of Global Ministries Grants:
The Sively Award
Organizations and churches for significant work in disaster relief, rehabilitation after disaster, root causes of hunger and refugee ministries. Application deadline is March 15th.
McCreless Endowment Fund of UMCOR-Child Related Ministries
Supports mission projects within the NMAC that will serve the needs of children with an emphasis that reflects United Methodist Committee on Relief values and goals. See Grant Guidelines for specifics. Application deadline is March 15th.
Cinco Estrellas (5 Stars) Award of Excellence
Awarded to churches who meet 5 of the following criteria in a preceding conference year:
- Paid World Service & District Mission shared ministries in full
- Supported (financially or in kind) the Annual Conference Mission Project
- Supported at least 1 Advance Special at each of 3 levels: Conference: Operation Hogar; Houchen Community Center; McCurdy Ministries; South Albuquerque Cooperative Ministry; the Storehouse; Sacramento Camp & Conference Center; Abundant Grace Free Store; and UMC Free Stores throughout the Conference
National: Covenant Education Center (#581262); Four Corners Native American Ministry (#581254); Lydia Patterson Institute Program (#531523-0); McCurdy School, Student Financial/General Support (#581479); Navajo United Methodist Center (#581262); Volunteers in Mission, SCJ #(901455)
International and Jurisdictional: Lydia Patterson Institute Endowment Campaign, Rio Grande Annual Conference and Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference, Mulungwishi, Congo, Endowment Funds
- Observed, with an offering, One Great Hour of Sharing
- Shared a mission story with the Conference
- Sponsored at least 1 person (per 100 members in avg. weekly worship
attendance) on a UM VIM project/trip
- Be involved in a significant mission project in the local community
- Have a GBGM Covenant Relationship with a UM missionary – Support Methodist Missionaries around the world with $5 per church member per year. Don’t forget to renew your Covenant Relationship documentation annually! See the General Board of Global Missions’ website for details http://www.umcmission.org/get-involved/partnerships/covenant-relationships/Covenant-relationships ; #3022046 Greg Henneman missionary to Ohio; #3022137 Jennifer Henneman missionary to Ohio; #3021966 George Miller missionary to Germany.
To apply, submit in writing or by email a detailed summary of how your church has fulfilled at least 5 of these criteria. Be specific. (Advance Specials of GBGM qualify for this. )Contact Rev. George Miller. Deadline is March 15th.
Conference Endowment Distribution Committee Grants
Funds are available to spur on the imaginations and turn hopes and dreams for potential ministry into reality.
The deadline for the following four grants is March 15th.
- Bishop’s Award Grant (granted only to local churches and bodies within local churches)
- Bishops Award Grant Application Packet
- Vitality Award Grant (granted only to boards, agencies and bodies that are formed by or are a part of the NMAC)
- Vitality Award Grant Application Packet
- Pippin Grant for Mission (granted for mission work in New Mexico Conference, including the training of Navajo ministers)
- Pippin Grant Application Packet
- Thaxton Grant (granted for the care of the elderly poor and/or impoverished children of New Mexico)
- Thaxton Grant Application Packet
Albuquerque District Missions Awards
The Albuquerque District Missions Committee is taking applications for the 2017 project awards. Any United Methodist Church or related nonprofit organization within the bounds of the Albuquerque District is eligible to apply. Our mission is to demonstrate God’s love and presence in the world through evangelism, service, advocacy, and community development. In 2016, the Committee awarded nineteen projects for a total of $11,550 with a range of $400 – $800 per project. The anticipated amount available for 2017 is $10,000. In recent years, the Committee has funded the following types of projects: direct services to the hungry and homeless, care for young children, older adult services, Hispanic and Native American ministries, women’s shelter, prison recovery program, secondary education, and the purchase of Bibles for newborns. Deadline for applications is October 21. If there are any questions or if you need additional information, please contact Reuben Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-554-7834.
2017 Missions Committee Application Form
Equipping Ministries Team
Scholarships of $500 available to assist individuals or teams of individuals from local churches to attend or promote leadership training in disciple making.
Equipping Scholarship Application
Harry Denman Evangelism Award for Clergy, Lay and Youth
Recognizes a person whose life and ministry exemplifies the teaching of Christ and the Great Commission.
Lilly Endowment Renewal Grants for Pastors
An Indianapolis-based, private philanthropic foundation, seeks to strengthen Christian congregations by providing an opportunity for pastors to step away briefly from the obligations of parish life and engage in a period of renewal, intentional exploration, and reflection. The Endowment anticipates awarding as many as 150 grants of up to $50,000 each directly to Christian congregations for the support of a renewal program for their pastor. Up to $15,000 of the grant may be used for congregational expenses associated with the renewal program.