The New Mexico Annual Conference endeavors to be responsive to Disaster relief needs of its local churches and communities, as well as those suffering from a national or international disaster event. When disasters occur, information will be dispersed as to the most efficient and compassionate ways that we can respond.
One of the first steps is to organize Early Response Teams (ERT), which requires training of all ERT members. Please prayerfully consider if this might be an area in which you could serve.
For more information about Early Response Teams and what the teams do, please contact Vernon Baker, NM Conference Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-918-9538.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOUR CONGREGATIONS:
- Conference Coordinator for Disaster Response – Rev. Vernon Baker, Covenant UMC: 505-822-8828
- Cell: 505-918-9538 email@example.com
- Co- ABQ District Coordinator – Hap Escue, 505-453-2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-ABQ District Coordinator – Dru Ann Kuntz, NM Conference Office: 505-255-8786, ext. 102 or cell: 505-328-1104 or email@example.com
- Clovis District Coordinator, Victor Colton, Tularosa UMC: 575-585-231 or cell: 575-442-9117 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- El Paso District Coordinator, John Townsend: email@example.com or 575-496-7245
National and International Disasters:
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is our denominational avenue for best use of your donations to help people in need. Advance Specials are established whenever there is a call for help in dealing with disasters of all kinds. By donating through your church, conference treasurer or directly to UMCOR (www.umcor.org ) and by marking the assigned number for that project on your check, you are helping others effectively!
Sager Brown Depot is a collecting point for Health Kits and other action when needed. Click on the following link for information about what a Health kit should consist of: sbdhealthkitv02.pdf