It’s time to apply for the NMAC Conference Endowment Distribution Awards. The deadline to submit applications is March 15th. Please contact the Committee Chair, Rev. Dr. Kelly Jackson Brooks: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
New Mexico Annual Conference Endowment Distribution Committee Bishop’s Award, Vitality Award, Pippin Award, Thaxton Award, and Senior Ministry Award General Grant Guidelines:
Purpose: To encourage innovation, vigor, devotion, and effectiveness in making disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Eligibility: Organizations whose purpose is consistent with the stated purpose of the funds and whose work is formed by or have been originated as a part of the New Mexico Annual Conference.
• Bishop’s Award: Funds are awarded for ministries within or by local churches only and are to be used for new programming that focuses on “Making Disciples for Jesus Christ.”
• Vitality Award: Funds are awarded to ministries/missions that encourage development of vitality in vision in support of important ministries that would not otherwise be funded.
• Pippin Award: Funds are to be used in service to underserved constituencies, marginalized communities, or individuals and populations in crisis or with pressing human needs. Priority will be given to ministries/missions that address the root causes of poverty, injustice, and human need.
• Thaxton Award: Funds are to be used for the basic human needs of children and elderly persons living in the State of New Mexico. Funds are to be utilized to materially improve the lives, living conditions, and well-being of the elderly poor and/or impoverished children. Funds may be used for housing, food, clothing, and health care programs, with long-term solution programs given priority over programs only providing temporary solutions.
• Senior Ministry Award: Funds are awarded to missions/ministries to provide educational, recreational, and spiritual programming for older adults (55+).
Application: Applicants are required to complete the application form and note clearly the specific Award to which you are applying (Bishops, Vitality, Pippin, Thaxton, Senior Ministry). All applications and supporting documentation are to be emailed in PDF format to Rev. Dr. Kelly Jackson Brooks, Endowment Committee Chair at Kellyannettebrooks@gmail.com.
• The length of each award is for one year. A ministry/mission may apply for additional funds up to three years, with an exception given for a fourth year at the discretion of the Endowment Committee. Please note, the entirety of the organization/church is subject to the 3-year limit regardless of multi-programming within the organization/church.
• Each application must include a specific detailed budget for the project being proposed. The detailed budget should (1) include a breakdown of costs associated with the amount requested, (2) indicate how estimated costs were calculated, and (3) provide a justification or rationale for the proposed costs. If the project is receiving funds from other sources, please also provide an overall budget and a listing of other funding sources.
• Grantee Reports are required no later than one year after receipt of funds – A Grantee Report from the prior year is required before additional funds will be granted.
• Preference is given to organizations who (1) are requesting “seed money” to enable the initiation of new missions/ministries or (2) are proposing to work with other faith-based and community organizations to strengthen and support the ministry/mission.
• Awards are restricted funds to be applied only to the specific mission/ministry for which they were requested.
• Funds may not be used for salary support or to carry out propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation, participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.