Conference Board of Global Ministries Grants:
The contact is Rev. George Miller. Please send applications for the Sively, McCreless & Cinco Estrellas to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sively Award
Organizations and churches for significant work in disaster relief, rehabilitation after disaster, root causes of hunger and refugee ministries. Application deadline is March 15th.
McCreless Endowment Fund of UMCOR-Child Related Ministries
Supports mission projects within the NMAC that will serve the needs of children with an emphasis that reflects United Methodist Committee on Relief values and goals. See Grant Guidelines for specifics. Application deadline is March 15th.
Cinco Estrellas (5 Stars) Award of Excellence
Awarded to churches who meet 5 of the following criteria in a preceding conference year:
- Paid World Service & District Mission shared ministries in full
- Supported (financially or in kind) the Annual Conference Mission Project
- Supported at least 1 Advance Special at each of 3 levels
(Conference, National, International)
- Observed, with an offering, One Great Hour of Sharing
- Shared a mission story with the Conference
- Sponsored at least 1 person (per 100 members in avg. weekly worship
attendance) on a UM VIM project/trip
- Be involved in a significant mission project in the local community
- Have a GBGM Covenant Relationship with a UM missionary (GBGM or MSUM)
To apply, submit in writing or by email a detailed summary of how your church has fulfilled at least 5 of these criteria. Be specific. (Advance Specials of GBGM qualify for this. )
Conference Endowment Distribution Committee Grants
Funds are available to turn hopes and dreams for potential ministry into reality. Please download the grant application packets for specific requirements and restrictions. Preference will be given to churches that have faithfully supported their shared ministries.
The deadline to submit an application is March 15, 2022. Please indicate MAILING address on the application.
- Bishop’s Award Grant (Granted only to local churches and bodies within local churches)
- Bishops Award Packet .
- Vitality Award Grant (Granted only to boards, agencies and bodies that are formed by or are a part of the NMAC) .
- Vitality Award Packet
- Pippin Grant for Mission (Granted for mission work in New Mexico Conference, including the training of Navajo ministers)
- Pippin Grant Packet
- Thaxton Grant (Granted for the care of the elderly poor and/or impoverished children of New Mexico)
- Thaxton Grant Packet
- Senior Ministries Endowment (Granted for educational, recreational & spiritual programming for older adults).
- Senior Ministries History and Guidelines
Albuquerque District Missions Awards
Any United Methodist Church or related nonprofit organization within the bounds of the Albuquerque District is eligible to apply for the ABQ District Missions Award. Our mission is to demonstrate God’s love and presence in the world through evangelism, service, advocacy, and community development. The award ranges from $300 – $600 per project. In recent years, the Committee has funded the following types of projects: direct services to the hungry and homeless, care for young children, older adult services, Hispanic and Native American ministries, women’s shelter, prison recovery program, secondary education, and the purchase of Bibles for newborns. Questions: contact Rev. Blaine Wimberly, Chairperson at 505-321-3506 or email@example.com.ABQ District Grant Application 2020
Equipping Ministries Team
Scholarships of $500 available to assist individuals or teams of individuals from local churches to attend or promote leadership training in disciple making.
Equipping Scholarship Application
Harry Denman Evangelism Award for Clergy, Lay and Youth
Recognizes a person whose life and ministry exemplifies the teaching of Christ and the Great Commission.
Lilly Endowment Renewal Grants for Pastors
An Indianapolis-based, private philanthropic foundation, seeks to strengthen Christian congregations by providing an opportunity for pastors to step away briefly from the obligations of parish life and engage in a period of renewal, intentional exploration, and reflection. The Endowment anticipates awarding as many as 150 grants of up to $50,000 each directly to Christian congregations for the support of a renewal program for their pastor. Up to $15,000 of the grant may be used for congregational expenses associated with the renewal program.