Upcoming Training Schedule
Click for 2021 Calendar: 2021 Lay Servant Training Schedule Please note that in order to properly facilitate online trainings, the number of “seats” is limited to 12. Also, registration will close a week prior to the class date. Register ASAP. After paying for the class and registering, you should receive a confirmation email which includes the materials needed for the class and a ZOOM link. If you have not received the email, please call 505-255-8786 or email email@example.com.
For more information, contact Kathy Jewell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Lay Servant Training – June 12, Rev. Steve White: Click to Register
Laity Training Opportunities
Laity Training Scheduling & Reg
District Lay Leader Comments
Kathy Jewell, Conference Lay Servant Director, 915-474-3968, email@example.com
Bernice Hughes, ABQ Director of Lay Servants, firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Henderson, Clovis Director of Lay Servants, email@example.com
Sheila Skinner, El Paso Co-Director of Lay Servants, 575-263-9071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Janie Sinclair, El Paso Co-Director of Lay Servants,915-471-6104, email@example.com
For a local church to be current, their certified lay servants must maintain an active status by completing a course or facilitating a course every 3 years.
- Local Church Lay Servant (LCLS) – Completion of a Basic Class
- Certified Lay Servant (CLS) – Completion of an Advanced Class. CLS certification must be renewed every 3 years. The CLS must submit an annual report to their local Charge Conference. Lay Servant Annual Report
- Classes will be offered on the following schedule: ABQ District – January, April, July, October; Clovis District – February, May August, November; El Paso District – March, June, September
- While the NM Public Health Order restricts the size of gatherings, all trainings will be offered via ZOOM.
- Resources – BeADisciple.com or umdiscipleship.org/resources