Dear Clergy and Laity of the New Mexico Annual Conference,
In accordance with ¶603.5 of The United Methodist Book of Discipline, I hereby call for a special session of the New Mexico Annual Conference on Saturday, December 9, 2023, beginning at 10:00 am MT. The special session will be conducted virtually and shall include and be limited to the following business:
• Voting on the New Mexico Conference Board of Trustees’ recommendations for the churches disaffiliating per the provisions of ¶2553.
Yours in Christ,
Robert Schnase, Bishop
New Mexico Annual Conference
The United Methodist Church
What is the purpose?
• This is a special session of annual conference and is being called to accommodate the congregations who have completed the discernment steps, have received a 2/3 majority vote of a called Church Conference, and wish to disaffiliate from the UMC.
How to participate on-line? REGISTER NOW
• Once registered, participants will receive a ZOOM link, enabling their participation. The link allows you to vote. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS LINK.
• If you have received this invitation and you were NOT seated at Annual Conference 2023 as a delegate, please forward this email to the correct person(s). The Conference Secretary will vet all registrations.
Who can vote?
• Church-elected Lay Delegates who were seated at the 2023 Annual Conference
• Church-elected Alternate Lay Delegates who were seated at the 2023 Annual Conference
• Conference and District Lay Delegates seated at 2023 Annual Conference
• CLM’s/Lay Pastors assigned to a local church and seated at 2023 Annual Conference
• Elders and Deacons, Active and Retired
• Provisional Elders and Deacons
• Associate Members, Active and Retired
• Part/Full-time Local Pastors Under Appointment
• Deaconesses/Diaconal Ministers
Who is NOT eligible to vote?
• Church-elected Lay and Alternate Lay Delegates not seated at 2023 Annual Conference
• Clergy from another Annual Conference or other denomination
• Honorably Located
• Retired Honorably Located
• Retired Local Pastors not under appointment.
If you have questions, please contact the Conference Secretary, Roselie Johnston: email@example.com.