Due to the Coronavirus, GC2020 is scheduled to meet in August of 2022 in Minneapolis. For more information, please read: NMAC Delegation Letter - GC 2022
June 3, 2021 The Council of Bishops (COB) of The United Methodist Church has approved episcopal supervision recommendations for the South Central Jurisdiction (SCJ), due to the retirement of two bishops. The recommendations were made by the SCJ College of Bishops following consultation with the Jurisdictional and respective Annual Conference Committees on Episcopacy. Bishop Robert Schnase will be the episcopal supervisor of both the Rio Texas and New Mexico Annual Conferences effective January 1, 2022.
United Methodist News Service – Latest General Conference News
Proposed Plans to be Considered at GC2022
Protocol of Grace Through Separation Agreement
The Traditional Plan(Judicial Ruling)
The Bard-Jones Plan
The Indianapolis Plan
The UMC Next Plan
The N.E.W. Plan
The Plain Grace Plan
The U.S. Regional Conference
The Christmas Covenant
- Traditional Plan goes into effect – January 1, 2020
- Bishop Bledsoe postpones his retirement until a new bishop can be assigned by the SCJ Episcopacy Committee.
- NM Cabinet decided to hold their Annual Conference virtually June 16-18, 2021.
- General Conference is postponed again to meet in-person in August of 2022. Council of Bishops schedule a Special Called Virtual Session on May 8, 2021. This session is cancelled.
- South Central Jurisdictional Conference plan to meet virtually in July, 2021. Session is postponed.
- Bishop Bledsoe will retire on December 31, 2021 and Bishop Schnase will begin episcopal supervision of the NM Conference on January 1, 2022.
2021 General & Jurisdictional Delegation
Email the delegation: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Conference Lay Delegate: Sid Strebeck
General Conference Clergy Delegate: Rev. Dr. Randall Partin
Jurisdictional Conference Lay Delegate: Dr. Susan Brumbaugh
Jurisdictional Conference Clergy Delegate: Rev. Dr. Pam Rowley
Alternates: Rev. Todd Salzwedel, Rev. Dr. Eddie Rivera, Dan Salzwedel, Heath Husted (Heath passed away in 2021.)